Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The random check in.

So here i sit, computer-less, trapped in a job that is so worried about it's public image that it forbids employees from jotting down there thoughts at work. It makes good business sense during peak day hours. For those of us vampires . . . well, lets just say, "i got time"!

Summer is in full swing. There are more projects on my to do list than i can shake a small dog at. Roofing, painting, scraping, turkeys, taxidermy. . . why is cloning illegal??

The garden is finally showing some signs of progress. i was certain that all of the veggies had gone into stasis. They were planted and happy looking, but not growing. Of course at that point neither were the weeds and grass. The bad news is that i have three kids under the age of seven (two under the age of three) and it has been raining pretty consistently through the month of July. The good news: i love weeding.

i guess that i will close with a great note of hope. There are others out there. Even here! The kingdom of God is at hand, and there are those who seek to find it and live it with everything they are and have. i am so glad that God is finally crossing our paths!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are looking for people that are living "the way" -- house church, organic church, simple church, however you want to state it..

We are moving to Maine IN MARCH ( a LOT sooner than I originally anticipated!!) and want to be a part of a group in the Lewiston area. Please get in touch with us if you can help us with this...
chogan10@cfl.rr.com

renee @ FIMBY said...

Amen brother. The kingdom of God is at hand. I wish I could say I am seeking it and really living it with everything I am and have. What does that look like? We seriously need more time (looking forward to camping) to talk about this. What does it look like for stay at home, homeschooling, (ashamed to say it) comfortably middle class mother to seek after the kingdom of God with everything she has??? And could I really do it? Hum.. You always leave me questioning, in a good way, my comfy existence. I'm feeling like I'm all talk and no action. Ok, it's too late for me to be rambling on like this and I want to blog about my garden : )

Bob said...

Good to read a post from you. I hope you get a chance to post more. I wished I had more time to talk with you when you came up to Lewiston. Perhaps our paths will cross again. My garden looks very sad. You only get out what you put in and this year I havn't put in much. Peace to you.
Bob