Thursday, January 03, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like . . . snow?!?

Snow blessed snow! I am very thankful to God that this next week is supposed to be warm. I even heard that it will be 55 degrees on Wednesday!! Why, you ask?

Because I have no place to put all of the snow that I have already accumulated.

 

The snow mound that is next to my garage is already taller than the eves, and the more I pull it down the more of the already narrow path to my oil tank I obstruct. The back path is effectively buried. The snow mound is taller than the door to the chicken coop – it makes collecting eggs fun. The poor roof is under tremendous pressure from the weight. Man I can't wait for spring for a new metal roof. The fruit trees spring out of the ground like shrubs. The tops of the once ten foot tall sunflower stalks are at about eye level.

The green house is white, and I haven't seen Dave and Liz's car (which is hibernating at the end of the driveway) in two months. . . . Jinkies!!!!!!!

 

But isn't it beautiful. The water table is going to be soooo happy this year. The trees garnished with white. The days are growing and are brighter. The river, now mostly frozen over still cuts a narrow thread through the fields of white. The animal's tracks jump out at you. Minus the cold, I do love the winter.



No comments: